This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become part of a unique, energetic, and highly motivated team.
Overview of the role
The role of the Graduate Healthcare Data Analyst is a key part of ensuring the quality of our processes, products, services, and software. You will have an analytical mind and be able to break a complex problem into pieces, ask the right questions, and propose good solutions. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become part of a unique, energetic, and highly motivated team that develops information which will influence the general public, our private hospital and insurer members, and the wider market sector of privately funded healthcare.
You will support all aspects of the development and documentation of the information PHIN publishes (mainly in the form of measures). You will help support analyses required for the development and publication of meaningful insights into the data held by PHIN.
As an indication of the type of data PHIN processes, it typically describes the treatments patients receive whilst in hospital and their outcomes. It also includes details of patients’ perspectives on how they were treated and the extent to which they feel they have benefited from their treatment. We process and analyse over 800,000 such records annually.
- Support and present key findings to stakeholders and PHIN management
- Query data in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Work closely with the Business Analysts to support capturing requirements.
- Create wireframes to support the delivery of dashboards.
- Create prototypes in Microsoft Power BI to help support the Healthcare Data Analyst.
- Research into existing statistical and analytical healthcare data methods.
- Keep up to date with the latest healthcare news and presenting regularly to the rest of the Informatics Team.
- Test outputs against requirements to ensure accurate publication of information.
- Support in developing solutions to CMA Order requirements and other key milestones, in line with the Company’s vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Informatics team to help support the delivery of the Business Intelligence and Analytics (BI&A) and Data Quality strategies
- Regularly review the performance of the business’ core KPIs and highlight any unusual trends.
Essential skills and experience
- Educated to degree level – minimum 2:1 or equivalent
- At least a grade 4 in GCSE English and Mathematics or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrable problem-solving ability
- Experience in presenting
- Attention to detail and strong focus on accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Confident working individually as well as part of a team.
- Organised, thorough, and methodical.
- Self-motivated with the drive to take initiative and work without constant supervision.
- Effective time management skills and ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Experience using a data visualisation tool
- A passion for the healthcare industry
A full job description will be provided during the recruitment process.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or simply let us know if you have any questions.
Closing date: Sunday 7 August 2022 23:59